Foster Care classes online
In Utah, each prospective foster family is required to attend classes in advance of becoming a foster parent.
These 32 hours of classes are called “pre-service training” and take a month to complete and are required for licensing. Utah Foster Care (UFC) trainers schedule these trainings throughout the state each month. You must register for classes by contacting a UFC representative in your region.
Each class provides unique insights into the process of becoming a foster family, situations you may encounter, solutions to typical problems, the emotional aspects of being a foster family, and many other topics important for those preparing to foster.
Class subjects are listed here:
- Orientation / Team Building
- Child Development
- Trauma & Its Effects / Sexual Abuse
- Minimizing the Trauma of Placement
- Transcending Difference in Placements
- Managing Emotions & Behaviors / The Effects of Caregiving
- Long-term Separation / Adoption Issues for Families
- Understanding Primary Families
- Fostering Healthy Children
- Office of Licensing Rule
- Division of Child & Family Services (DCFS) Practice Guidelines
You might also like
Sangu 100% Hand Painted Wood Framed 5-piece Leaping Flames For Abstract Oil Paintings Gift Canvas Wall Art Paintings For Living Room.
Home (Eve's Temptation)
What are some places online to take health care classes?
One can take health care classes on various websites like Business and OnlineHealthcareDegrees. Both websites offer a variety of classes including health care classes.
Are online classes with Penn Foster legit?
Yes, Penn Foster online classes are legit. They are accredited by Middle States Commission & Accrediting Commission of the DETC.