Knowledge Management online Course
The management of knowledge applies in all sectors of the economy including primary industries, manufacturing, technology and the service sector. It represents an increased focus on identifying knowledge and intellectual resources so that instead of 'not knowing what they know', organisations can bring together and make accessible all the skills and knowledge and apply them to increase operational and individual performance.
International Human Resource Development: Learning, Education and Training for Individuals and Organizations by John Wilson, course tutorClick here for information about this book.
This will be an intensive day filled with a wide range of strategies and tactics for achieving higher levels of performance from existing resources. It will systematically consider each of the stages of the KM cycle (vision and search, generation, acquisition, capture, transformation, transfer, application) and assess how they relate to the organisational performance.
Vision and Search
- Vision and gap analysis
- Identify new sources of technology and ideas
- Explore creativity, innovation and idea mapping
- Investigate the nature of communication throughout the organisation
- Understand the nature of tangible and intangible assets
- Protect and secure knowledge
- Use information and communication technologies to facilitate the Knowledge Management process
- Use customer relationship management processes to enhance strategic learning
- Use the supply chain as a source of innovation and creativity
- Develop communities of practice
- Mine tacit / hidden skills and make them explicit so that they can be applied throughout the organisation
- Develop hard and soft skills to enhance Knowledge Management
- Develop a climate of trust in the organisation
- Develop a checklist which can be used to assess the extent and quality of knowledge management within your organisation
- Develop individual, group and organisational Knowledge Management strategies
- Develop a Knowledge Management framework to be implemented in your organisation
Dr John Wilson
Role: SpeakerIndependent Consultant and Researcher
John P. Wilson is an independent consultant and researcher with wide experience of change in both the academic and private sectors. He has worked as a consultant with a wide range of organisations and has spent two years working in Sweden, and four years in Saudi Arabia for an oil company. He has directed an MEd in Training and Development which ran in the UK, Ireland and Singapore.
You might also like
How to Select an Online Golf Course Management School
Students considering online programs should determine if they want to focus on overall golf course management or turf maintenance. Certificate, associate's and bachelor's degree online programs are available in turf management, as well as bachelor's degree programs in golf course management.
Where online can project management courses be found?
Project management courses can be found on RMC Project's official website. They offer instructor led classes that include live chat, file sharing, white boards, and other learning features.