Cisco Video Conferencing Software
Blue Jeans enables seamless video conferencing interoperability across the complete range of Cisco’s video conferencing, collaboration and telepresence solutions. With our cloud-based video conferencing service, you can easily connect an enterprise Cisco video conferencing deployment to any other H.323 room video system and or desktop and mobile video services such as Microsoft Lync and more.
In 2009, Cisco acquired Tandberg – one of the global leaders in video communications. Over the last couple years, Cisco has consolidated their complete video-focused solution offering and grouped them under the following top four categories:
TelePresence/Video Conferencing:Enabling face-to-face but virtual collaboration with telepresence and video conferencing. Products include: Cisco TelePresence Infrastructure, Endpoints, Management Suite, Managed and Hosted TelePresence.
Telephony/Unified Communications:Enterprise wide communication service offering a full suite of solutions and endpoints. Products include: Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Unified Gateways, Cisco IP Phones, Soft clients and Services.
Customer collaboration:Solutions around offering content-rich, customer-centric experiences and self-service. Products include: Cisco SocialMiner, Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise and more...
Collaboration applications:Ability to collaborate on the device of choice from any location. Products include: Cisco Jabber, Cisco Quad, Cisco WebEx.
For the purposes of this article, we will focus primarily on the TelePresence and UC/Telephony solutions from Cisco.
The Blue Jeans Solution
One of the key fundamental building blocks of our Blue Jeans service is to work in harmony across the widest range of conferencing systems in the world. With Cisco, we have successfully accomplished this goal across multiple deployment models (network topology) and involving different set of Cisco infrastructure elements and video endpoints. Not only we enable seamless connectivity outside the enterprise, many times our solution can bridge multiple communications islands within a single enterprise.
Supported Cisco Infrastructure Elements
- Cisco Video Communications Server (VCS)
- Cisco TelePresense Server (TPS)
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM)
- Cisco Unified Video Conferencing (CUVC)
- Cisco Telepresence MCUs
- Cisco Callway Hosted Service
Key Features & Specifications
- Easy-to-use, seamles to connect and consistent user experience across all platforms/endpoints
- Multi-user video conferencing – up to 25 participants
- Bring your own device (BYOD) - virtually compatible with almost all the major video endpoints
- Audio only conferencing with global access numbers
- Secure - Supported by leading encryption standards: AES-128, AES- 256, H.235 V3, SRTP
- Screen sharing / Content sharing
- Dynamic meeting visual layouts – control them from your desktop and end points (using DTMF)
- Real-time reporting – call quality, bandwidth, etc for each participant
- Audio codecs: G.711u, G.711a, G.722, G.722.1 24kHz, G.722.1 32kHz, G.722.1c/Siren 14, G.729A, iSAC, SILK 8kHz, SILK 16kHz
- Video codecs: RTVideo, H.264, H.263+, H.263, H.261 with resolution up to 720p @ 30fps
Cisco TelePresence & Microsoft Lync
Link up your Cisco TelePresence video setup and Microsoft Lync users.Learn more
You might also like
Cisco CON-ECDN-HD80P4XS Unified Communications Essential Operate Service - Extended service agreement - hardware replacement and software application support ( for video conferencing camera ) - 1 year - 8x5 - response time: NBD - for P/N: CTS-PHD-1080P4XS, CTS-PHD-1080P4XS=
PC Accessory (Cisco)
Logitech Wireless Headset Mono H820e (Business Product), DECT spectrum Single-Ear Headset
Personal Computer (Logitech)