Blue Jeans enables seamless video conferencing interoperability across the complete range of Polycom’s video conferencing solutions. With our cloud-based video conferencing service, you can easily connect an enterprise Polycom video conferencing deployment to any other H.323 room video system and or desktop and mobile video services such as Microsoft Lync and more. Our browser access feature further extends you the capability to join a video conference directly from your browser (Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome and Safari)
The Blue Jeans Solution
Our multi-point video conferencing solution has been designed from groud up to focus on interoperability so that it can work with the widest range of conferencing systems in the world. Along with other leading video conferencing endpoint and solution providers, we have successfully accomplished this goal with almost all Polycom products too.
With Blue Jeans, you can successfully inter-connect the following Polycom systems with almost any video endpoints/systems that can communicate with Blue Jeans:
Supported Polycom Infrastructure Elements
- Polycom Distributed Media Application DMA 7000 solution
- Polycom RMX 1500, 2000 and 4000 platform
- Polycom Video Border Proxy (VBP) - E & ST Series
- Polycom MGC Multipoint Enterprise Video Conferencing Bridge
- Polycom RSS4000 Recording and Streaming Server
- Polycom CMA 5000 Converged Management Application
Key Features & Specifications
- Easy-to-use, seamles to connect and consistent user experience across all platforms/endpoints
- Multi-user video conferencing – up to 25 participants
- Bring your own device (BYOD) - virtually compatible with almost all the major video endpoints
- Browser access feature - attend your video conference directly from your browser
- Audio only conferencing with global access numbers
- Secure - Supported by leading encryption standards: AES-128, AES- 256, H.235 V3, SRTP
- Screen sharing / Content sharing
- Dynamic meeting visual layouts – control them from your desktop and end points (using DTMF)
- Real-time reporting – call quality, bandwidth, etc for each participant
- Audio codecs: G.711u, G.711a, G.722, G.722.1 24kHz, G.722.1 32kHz, G.722.1c/Siren 14, G.729A, iSAC, SILK 8kHz, SILK 16kHz
- Video codecs: RTVideo, H.264, H.263+, H.263, H.261 with resolution up to 720p @ 30fps
Cisco TelePresence & Blue Jeans
Link up your Cisco TelePresence video setup and Blue JeansLearn more
Standalone Polycom video endpoints
Every Polycom endpoint (see list of supported endpoints here) can directly connect to our Blue Jeans service. Our cloud-based virtual MCU (video bridge) service can allow you to host conferences up to 25 participants.
- Enjoy up to 75% savings in MCU costs (compared to a 5-year TCO analysis).
- Start out with what you need today and scale up when usage grows with our on-demand licensing model. No upfront capex required.
- Extended Interoperability – with Blue Jeans you can invite participants using Microsoft Lync along with H.323 room systems
You might also like
What is different between web conferencing and video conferencing?
Web conferencing can include video conferencing but video
conferencing doesn't necessarily mean web conferencing. Video
conferencing can be done through a phone line while web
conferencing is done through an internet connection. Don't quite
get it? Have a look at
What is voip conferencing video?
It's just a fancy way of saying video conferencing over the Internet or Intranet.