GIS online Course
Accredited, quality online Geographic Information Science education for novice and professional students. We strive to meet the growing demands of industry by offering our students access to the latest geospatial technology, experienced instructors, and relevant spatial applications. Choose your path and apply today!
24 credit hour, one year program offered at both the undergraduate and graduate level with traditional and archaeology track options.Learn More
GIS Master's Degree
36 credit hour, 2 year, Public Administration Master's with a GIS specialization. Designed to prepare students for leadership roles.Learn More
GIS Training Academy
Collection of fully online, 6 week training courses designed to increase your ArcGIS software skills in a short period of time.Learn More
Why Choose UWF GIS?
UWF has been providing a mix of hands-on software training with conceptual instruction from highly qualified GIS professionals since 2006. UWF is the first and only GIS certificate program currently employing remote desktop technology to give students full access to GIS software from any computer, at any time.
- We are affordable: We offer courses at a lower per-credit-hour rate than other institutions while continuing to offer out-of-state tuition waivers.
- We are convenient: Attend courses 100% online, on your own time, 24/7. Students access industry standard GIS software on a one of a kind remote desktop for GIS - (high-speed internet access required).
- We are accredited: Experience up-to-date, quality GIS course content taught by qualified instructors. Learn more about the Quality Matters Program
- We are in demand: People knowledgeable in GIS can expect to be increasingly in-demand in a variety of fields including energy, public health, urban planning, civil engineering, environmental science, archaeology and landscape architecture.
- We are relevant: We immerse students in the GIS environment using real-world applications to teach GIS fundamentals.
- We are committed: We prepare our students for post-certificate success in the GIS world through successful internships and real-world applications. Online GIS alumni have found jobs in both the private and government sector.
You might also like
Who can study GIS course? | Yahoo Answers
It depends on the depth of the course.
If you don't have to design a GIS system, but just want to use it as a tool, a knowledge of Geography and the use of related software (eg MapInfo) would be enough.